Tuesday, January 8, 2019

planning a wedding that is a year and a half away...

I am already turning into a bridezilla. I am stressing over trying to find a venue that doesn't have a capacity limit of 300 or less people for a decent price, with a kitchen to use, that allows us to self cater and self- booze. :( it is really hard.

Then trying to figure out who to eliminate off the guest list when I feel so close to everyone who ever came in my life. My love runs deep, and it feels like cuts of betrayl towards them when i cant invite them to my wedding day. :(

Then to top it off, I asked my fiance' 3 days ago if he had an idea for a first dance song.."no". so I set out on a quest; a quest to find the perfect first dance song. I spent 3 days and resulted in 2.5 pages of potential songs (Sure, a good portion of them were Disney songs; I am a kid at heart, quit judging!).

 Today, I started to play them and 10 seconds into them "no, no,no." to several of them, and then says he wants "that Bryan Adams Song 'Everything I do,'" Seriously?! I asked him 3 days ago, I spent 3 days searching! and I loved alot of these songs.

I hate feeling stressed and about to blow up, so I am walking away for now. I will retackle it later after some goodnight sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is perfectly normal, being a bridezilla. I had the opposite though. We got married so quickly. We got engaged before one of my major surgeries, I almost said no because I was worried about what if I died or got paralyzed, I didn’t want him thinking he needed to stay and take care of me. I didn’t want to burden him but he wouldn’t hear it. We wanted a quicker wedding in May. It was 7 months from our engagement. With the surgery having complications, spinal fluid leak, second surgery, then a wound I wasn’t really feeling the planning part. Then I found out I was pregnant and I was 1000 miles away from where the wedding would take place. My mom, family, and best friends did most of the planning. I was lucky. I just couldn’t deal with it. I regret some of that now. My girls want us to do a do over and renew our vows (mostly because they want to be bridesmaids lol) but eh money and all that Jazz gets in the way.

    Best advice you have awhile. The only important issue is finding a venue. After that the rest is easy. For your first dance, do you guys have a song? Alex and I were in his truck one night for a date and the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill song “I need You” came on and it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, no specific song. He wants one song and I have 2.5 pages of song potentials and he shot them down lol. mostly cause alot were disney. I am a kid at heart, so sue me :P

      Delete

Superbowl 2023: So tired of Hypocrisy!

  Food for thought: Let me start this post by saying this: I did not watch the superbowl nor did I watch the halftime performance. I did how...