Monday, February 13, 2023

Update: the latest and somewhat greatest in my life. (november 2022)

 Okay, so the last post I did was about Fortitude and public speaking events and such.

well, right before my Guns Down Power Up event, I managed to hurt my ankle- It was so swollen and hurt bad. Not broken though thankfully. The diagnosis eventually was “Soft Tissue Swelling” because i had fell on it when my legs gave out (my disabilities make my legs give out sometimes.) Anyway, I ended up going to the event in my wheelchair and NO SHOES because my ankle was so swollen i couldnt get shoes on. The event went fine, we didn’t have many turn out- but the ones who did seemed to understand my talk. I enjoyed learning more about Eric and his story too.

I also been helping #BullyBox and Ms. Shauna and them with promoting their events, making flyers, making stickers on my cricut for them, going to events I can and talking to the kids about disabilities and bullying. In addition to that, I been helping Eric with Guns Down Power Up program, promoting his events and making flyers for him, as well as helping him edit the book he is writing, stuff like that. Just doing what I can with my limited mobility and pain, to help these 2 amazing programs help with the youth of my hometown that I love and care about so deeply. Aside from that, I also do some creative projects on my cricut- iron on shirts, iron on wallets that mom makes, greeting cards, stuff like that- I am still learning new tricks on the machine. I also enjoy creative writing and occassionally “tweaking”/editing my book about my life with disabilities or writing new poetry (when I don’t have “dry spells” in my creative writing).

In September, I went to St Louis, Missouri, for my yearly spine check up. It was a new doctor as my last doctor moved back to San Diego, *Sad face* (why is it, every 3 years the orthopedics in St Louis decide to move on and that ends up shuffling me down the line to the next doctor to try to solve the medical rubix cube that is my life?). Anyway, this doctor says my rods in my spine look stable, they haven’t moved even though one is broken- it is stabilized by a different rod or some other medical mumbo jumbo i dont understand; Long story short, the rods look fine and I don’t need to go every year now- my next appointment is in 3 years, if no problems arise (and if this doctor doesn’t decide to move also.) I sadly did not have time to visit with my “St Louis Peeps” as they were busy and we were only there for a day.

We sadly did not have time this year to put up our halloween/fall decorations, but definitely will for Christmas. Hopefully we put up my Christmas Village pieces. It brings me so much joy to look at and rearrange. I definitely cannot wait for Mom’s homemade gingerbread cookies! YUM!

Anyway, that is basically it, Pain but trying to push through when I can. I mostly do alot from the computer or my phone. I do try to make events, even if it means begging someone to pack me in my wheelchair and bring me- which I HATE! I miss less pain and being more independent, being able to drive more than I am now. Yes, I am angry and Mad that this is my life now, slowly losing more and more of my independence with each year; having to live on pain medication just to get through the day, insomnia because of pain and not getting comfortable in bed, oh the list could go on and on…. but tis life, I cannot change it, so I might as well just try to accept and adapt..even if its hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Superbowl 2023: So tired of Hypocrisy!

  Food for thought: Let me start this post by saying this: I did not watch the superbowl nor did I watch the halftime performance. I did how...