Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Finally got answers; bad news, its another pothole plot twist: Broken rods.

Due to my wound not closing up, we did x-rays and I sent them off to the surgeon who did my back surgery and he confirmed: broken rods and my kyphoscoliosis deformity was worsening. It would explain my increased pain each year, as well as why this wound isn't closing or cooperating correctly.
Downside? My surgeon can't accept Medicaid and it is the only insurance I have. To self-pay would range from 250,000 + dollars, not including transportation costs or lodging or food.

I am blessed, however, with an amazing fiance' who immediately jumped on the computer to start up a gofundme. He says we will do whatever it takes to get this seen about. We also looked into getting a referral to LSU medical hospital in Shreveport. Also blessed by having the former care-coordinator for my surgeon as a contact, and she reached out to the surgeon who took over my surgeon's position in St Louis. (The one who did mine in 2012, moved his practice to New York). There is something called "hardship assistance" and I can try getting that. We will still have the gofundme just in case.

So until this is solved, I guess wedding plans are on hold??? I need to get out and start prepping my body for revision surgery.

Link for the gofundmehttps://www.gofundme.com/jamie-has-broken-rods-and-other-problems-occurring?fbclid=IwAR1eoT8HJHiIHSc6bX9Ej31bO0mhl5TIETaFEvpw8iXrHhme23ZlKcbbdWk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Superbowl 2023: So tired of Hypocrisy!

  Food for thought: Let me start this post by saying this: I did not watch the superbowl nor did I watch the halftime performance. I did how...